Every bite counts!
Essential Nutrition for Baby
Iron is an essential nutrient for rapidly growing babies especially until age 2.
For iron-rich infant cereal usage tips, search on gerber.com.
Good To Remember
2 servings (about ½ cup) of GERBER cereal have 90% of baby's daily Iron needs.
When should I start feeding infant cereal?
Good to Know
Your baby may be ready for cereal if she or he:
- Sits with help or support
- On tummy, pushes up on arms with straight elbows
- Opens mouth and leans toward spoon
Completely cooked and ready to serve. Just add liquid.
Baby's First Cereal Feeding
- Mix 1 Tbsp. cereal with 4-5 Tbsp. of breastmilk or infant formula
Easy to Mix Directions
- Pour or spoon desired amount of cereal in bowl
- For Baby: stir in liquid (breastmilk or infant formula) to desired consistency
- For Toddler: mix with milk, water, GERBER juice for children over one year of age
- Serve as is or warm
- Discard any unfed cereal
Microwave Guidelines for Heating
- Mix 1/4 cup of cereal with 1/4-1/3 cup unheated liquid
- Warm at MEDIUM (50% power) 15-30 SECONDS*
- Stir to even out temperature
- TEST TEMPERATURE before feeding
Storage: Store in a cool dry place. Use within 30 days of opening.
*if mixing with milk for children over 1 year, heat on HIGH POWER for 15-20 SECONDS