- Here’s a step-by-step guide for storing powder, concentrate and ready-to-feed formulas.
- You can also find tips for storing formula for feeding on the go.
Here are some basic things you need to do to store formula correctly and safely.
- Store unopened containers at room temperature and avoid extreme storage temperatures.
- Use formula by the expiration date.
- All prepared formula should be fed immediately, or refrigerated and fed to your baby within 24 hours.
- Discard formula that your baby has not consumed within one hour.
Storing by formula type
- Tightly cover open container and use within 30 days.
- Never store powdered formula in the refrigerator, as this may cause clumping.
- Cover opened carton, refrigerate and use within 48 hours.
- Cover open carton, refrigerate and use within 48 hours.
Read the label
Always follow the instructions on the label. Use formula immediately or store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Keep formula in its original container.
How was the information in this article?
Stage 1 GERBER® GOOD START® Gentle for Supplementing Powder Infant Formula
How to make & store formula
How to prepare formula
How to supplement with formula
How to prepare formula using water
Complete nourishment in a bottle
Formula IQ Quiz
Test your formula IQ
Your baby's hunger & fullness cues