Formula for your older baby
- Formulas designed for babies and toddlers between 9 and 24 months are an option before starting cow’s milk.
- Older baby formulas have important nutrients like Iron and Zinc that can help provide nutrients that a picky eater may need.
When should you move your baby onto cow’s milk?
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends waiting to introduce cow’s milk until your baby is at least one year old.(2) Until then, there are transitional formulas that can provide some nutritional assurance in the diet of a formula-fed baby or toddler.
Formula as an option
Older baby formulas are designed to help support the changing nutritional needs of babies and toddlers from 9 to 24 months old. They’re also helpful in providing important nutrition if you have a picky eater who isn’t eating a balanced diet.
What’s in older baby formula?
- Some older baby formulas, like the ones made by Gerber, have gentle proteins that have been broken down to be easy to digest.
- Calcium to help support growing bones and teeth.
- DHA and ARA for brain and eye development.
- 30% of the daily value for Vitamins E, C and Iron in 8 fl. oz.
- Lactobacillus reuteri (L. reuteri) is a probiotic that has been added to certain infant and toddler formulas for digestive health.
How was the information in this article?